Barcode Online Ordering Information
“How do I get a barcode for my product?”
We can provide the following ordering options:
1) Order directly from our website for payment by credit card or PayPal;
2) Order over the phone to pay by credit card; or
3) Send us an email for payment by direct deposit (we will send you an invoice & our bank account details).
The easiest way is to order a barcode online.
If you order a barcode package, we will send your barcode to you by email. You will receive the following:
– an authentic EAN barcode number;
– a guarantee certificate;
– Barcode registration;
– barcode images (in 4 formats: jpeg, png, SVG & pdf – see some sample images)
Your barcode will be suitable for use on any retail product both in South Africa and worldwide. After receiving your barcode, all you need to do is put it onto your product and give your product to your retailers. They will enter the product details and barcode number into their system (this is how your barcode and product will become connected to each other).
“I already have a barcode number. I just need the images…”
If you already have a barcode number and just need the barcode images, that’s fine – you can order the scannable barcode images for your EAN (or UPC) number from our Retail Barcode Images page. However, please visit our Other Images page if you need a different type of barcode image (e.g. QR code, or ISBN, or ISSN image).
“Do I need anything else?”
1. Barcode Labels: At this stage, we can’t supply these in South Africa. However, this is an easy way of getting a bar onto pre-printed product packaging. Hence, you could try talking to label printers in your area to arrange this.
2. Verification: Verification is simply a test scan of your barcode to prove that it has been printed well and can be decoded easily by barcode scanners. Most retailers do not require barcode verification, but some do (you need to check with your retailers).
3. Registration: Barcode registration is an optional service we provide – it is not compulsory (your barcode will work without it). Registration will increase the profile of your product on the internet.
4. ITF-14 Carton Codes: Some (but not all) retailers require you to put a 14-digit Carton Code barcode on the delivery carton for your product.
5. Guarantee Certificate: This is free when you purchase a Barcode Package. If you are buying barcode numbers separately, you can get a guarantee certificate if you choose to.
6. ISSN or ISBN images: If you have a book or magazine, we suggest getting an ISBN or ISSN number for it. After you have your number, you can come back to us to get the barcode images for that number.
7. QR Code: QR Codes are 2D barcodes that are really useful for promoting products and companies. When scanned by a smartphone, a QR Code will link the person holding the phone to a particular website or webpage.
“I meant to write you a note sooner but thanks for such a quick and helpful service. I’ll be coming back for more barcodes in the future I am sure. Very best wishes” Denise H